I think i'm way too nice

I was just standing at an elevator bank with my cousin in shopping mall and there was a woman standing there. I noticed that the button wasn't lit up, but since she was clearly in a hurry and was standing there staring at the elevator, I thought it would be rude to go push it myself because of the implication that she was incompetent. So I just assumed the light was out. I was texting someone, so I didn't really care anyway.

Then a mother and daughter came up, and the mom had the girl push the button. She did it in that retarded half-ass way that kids sometimes do things, and it still didn't light up. Now I thought that maybe the light was not broken, and that BOTH of them were just incompetent. But now I REALLY couldn't go press it, because I would be implying that ALL THREE of them were retarded because the mom hadn't corrected the kid's mistake.

So we all stood there for a while, and finally some big fat guy like naik came along and didn't care what anybody thought. He just marched up and pressed the button like a man. Sure enough, it lit up. Ugh.

Why am I so nice!? At most the first woman would have been a little embarrassed. And surely there would not have been a confrontation. I'm just ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment