Why I was alone!

All of this time I have waited

All of my life I have looked for you

I have been so devasted

By what I had to endure to prepare for you

Nothing has brought me such joy

As being able to see that you are real

I wished for you like a young boy

My emptiness you did fill

Many have come and left

Many have broken my heart

Some may have ended their quest

For me it was just a start.

Past is teacher of things

The weight of the things gone wrong

Even the caged bird sings

I have found myself a new song

I don't regret the others

The ones that did me wrong

The mistakes I made that smothered

The shames of moving along

I realized the blessing

The one that lead me to you

The past heartaches manifesting

Preparing me for you

Now I know how to love

Pain taught me how to

All of my life I've been waiting

I was being groomed for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment